Custom front bumper build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Custom front bumper build

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
mudwhoreTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Custom front bumper build

So after destroying my stock front bumper by plowing into some a**hole at a stop sign(long story) I decided it was time for something that could handle a little more abuse...or atleast dish it out...
So I ran down to the local welding shop and picked up a 2'X4' piece of 3/16 for a cheap price of $35.

They would have happily thrown it on the press brake for a few extra but luck would have it I have access to a 30 ton hydraulic brake so money saved...

After I put it on the brake and made my first two bends I threw it back in the truck and headed off again to the shop to continue working...

Marked and ready for cutting...

cutting...

steering box skid

enter the shop b****...everyone needs one of them!!

close-up of the corner

reinforcement welding...

And finally mounted...not done but I'm tired of the 15* temps so it will have to work for now...

Time to kick back and have a or two till it warms up some...

mudwhoreTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
NIN20
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Marked and ready for cutting...

cutting...

steering box skid

enter the shop b****...everyone needs one of them!!

close-up of the corner

reinforcement welding...

And finally mounted...not done but I'm tired of the 15* temps so it will have to work for now...

Time to kick back and have a or two till it warms up some...[/QUOTE]

Click free for ya

'92 YJ sold
NIN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
mudwhoreTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Why thank you!
Hope everyone likes it. I put alot of COLD hours into it...
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
mxracer513
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not bad i think it would be pretty sweet with some lites mounted in the front of it flush to the edge... and a winch .... Great bumper though!!!
.=..^.-.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
KB3RDF ..... Yellow Jeep Club Member # 513
mxracer513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
mcneil
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, neat idea with the integrated steering skid.

Give us a shot from the front, down low, to show the underside!
mcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
mudwhoreTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had lights that I was going to mount inside the bumper...they turned into backup lights...funny how that happens. Anyways its not done, it will have a winch on it when I can either find a used one cheap or save up enough for the xrc8...also when the boss gets the tube bender back from powder coating next week I plan on bending a radiator hoop and a SMALL stinger...not one of those massive ones that comes half way up the windshield...weather is warming up slowly so more progress is on the way.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.