Ckjeep's Shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Ckjeep's Shop

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Ckjeep's Shop

Finally broke down on dollars and started pimping myself out to other off-roaders more regularly. I'll give you an update on the current progress and I'll update every so often.

Built this nice little dolly because axle work on jack stands is just back breaking

Harbor Freight was out of their press for almost a month so off to the steel getting place...

Still need to set up return springs and guides for the jack, but it's in working order now, very impressed.

I did all this in a week or two, then this baby comes in the day after I get my Swag Press. Talk about easy, no measuring. It works great. I'd like to get a hydraulic table for it, would make some parts a little easier, but until this I'll be bending.

My neighbor broke his plastic bumper, my son decided to hand me the pliers I needed.

First bends with the tube bender, I'm not ashamed to say that the mistakes i made were completely fixable and Rogue Fab really has made tube bending for everyone.

If you see anything you would like measurements on or whatever just post a question, Im pretty liberal in my designs.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-betty-white-1464639/
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

This week I got some more done..

Made new links for my suspension, lowers are approximately 43.5 inches long, Can't remember off hand the uppers length. Hoping the 2x.25 dom will hold up, if no i wont mess with remaking them. I'll just go chromoloy.

This 14 bolt is ready for the Betty White's rear end. Punny.

And last but not least, another buddy dropped his CJ off for a little work. Cage massaging, his jeep came factory with the soft top plastic door handles and he wanted hard doors, so in go the strikers, plus every leaf springs desire, traction bar.

Unread 10-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

The radio flyer welder cart is bad *** dude...
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

They took it away! I've been tempted to find another one. I haven't been as diligent as I should be on pictures. I've had 7-10 jeeps pass through the doors since the last post and didn't snag a single pic. Shame Shame.

Unread 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post
They took it away! I've been tempted to find another one. I haven't been as diligent as I should be on pictures. I've had 7-10 jeeps pass through the doors since the last post and didn't snag a single pic. Shame Shame.

No pics means it didn't happen....
Unread 12-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Been a while since an update so here it goes.

Started designing a production model for a yj cj7 cage. Hoping by the beginning of the year to have one standing by for the next yj customer.

I also built a cherokee interior cage. This is about mid way through.

I got tired of the wait for the local cutters parts, so I mass ordered axle brackets and such this time. (yes thats a 5 gallon bucket)

Also a buddy at DW Designs created a logo for me. I'll be offering Free T-shirt contests on Facebook soon so keep an Eye out.

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKjeeps View Post

I got tired of the wait for the local cutters parts, so I mass ordered axle brackets and such this time. (yes thats a 5 gallon bucket)

I think the last few parts you got from me I delivered to your house 3 days after order.....without the dross on them...

Good lookin' logo
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Did some horse trading with some people today, including tombraider here on jeep. Ended the week with a j10 and 99xj. Saw my pile of parts move on. Here is a picture list of things going on.

The wiring harness is for a customers 4.3 tj. Poor guy hasn't driven it in four years and finally brought it in from his usually mechanic for a jeepers touch. The water pump came off the xj. Bet you haven't seen build up like that before.
Then of course the jeeps the shop traded for today
image-2742962021.jpg

image-3369123775.jpg

image-4054731526.jpg

image-3246857029.jpg

image-3087192120.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.