CJ style dash in a YJ ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > CJ style dash in a YJ ?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
ehowes12
1994 YJ Wrangler 

CJ style dash in a YJ ?

Ive seen this in a couple jeeps but never got to ask the owners how hard the swap is. I hate the plastic dash of the yj and want the old school style cj dash. If i went to a junkyard and pulled the dash out of a cj or maybe got a used one on craigslist what should i get ? I know the defrosters are locaded differently in the cj vs the yj.. but still it would be a cool thing to do !
thanks in advance
-erik

ehowes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Sportinwood
1985 CJ7 

I don't think it would be hard at all. I have a YJ tub on my CJ7 with a CJ dash and windshield frame. I didn't do it the PO did but it looks like it all just bolted right up. Good luck Post some pics...
Sportinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Area.3.Fiftyone
1996 ZJ 

Check the YJ Tech Forum, plenty of right ups there.

Two issues that need to be addressed are the speedo and the defroster.

It's not just plug and play either.
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
ehowes12
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hmmm i will check into this and if i do infact do it i will do a detailed write up so others can follow =]
ehowes12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.