Chop saw blades. Some are so slow! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Chop saw blades. Some are so slow!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-06-2003, 05:18 AM   #1
BamaJeeper

Chop saw blades. Some are so slow!

A friend of mine got a Milwaukee 14" chop saw and the original blade needed to be replaced after alot of cutting. He got a DeWalt blade and it's slow as hell. The original blade would cut through a 4" pipe in one minute but the Dewalt blade never made it through after 4 minutes. On goes the old blade and it zips right through.
What gives?
Any similar experiences out there?
What brand of blades do you like?

Unread 11-06-2003, 07:12 AM   #2
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Some of the guys said the thinner blades cut faster, makes sense. You just got to be careful not to blow one by pushing it too hard. How does that milky do? are the cuts good and square?? how about changing the angle on it, easy/fustrating??
Unread 11-06-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
rickr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey Bama: how thick of a blade are you using? if it,s an 1/8" wheel, take it off and play frisbee with it! i,ve found that the 7/64" and especially the 3/32" cut faster with less of a burr on the end of each cut. but, don,t push hard, they will deflect! i,ve also found that the cheapest wheels last longer. ( no name brands ) anyway, that,s my 2 cents worth. good luck!
rickr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2003, 12:51 PM   #4
awachwhiteboy
1975 CJ5 

Our Milwalk chop saw is ok, it cuts 90 great it really sucks when you have to try to cut a 45. Its hard to explain but once the garud is at 45 as the vice part is screwed down the material starts to move 43, 40, and so on as you tighten it down. Its a ****ty design, I usually hold it by hand or if its possible use a C clamp.
Sacramento Jeepers Group #1
awachwhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 08:45 AM   #5
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

hmm... thanks for the tip, I'll look at that if i ever get one. We finally got to borrow this guys Dewalt for a couple of weeks, its ok. Never tried a 45' angle on it yet. It just never cut straight.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.