Bumper advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Bumper advice

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 07-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #1
Mattific
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bumper advice

Starting a bumper for my tj tomorrow and gotta decide which way to go. The main concern is fitting my 20" led bar on it. I want to keep it up front and not move it onto the hood or anything. So how do you think it would look inside the bumper? I'm either putting it in the bumper and making a stinger or I'll make a hoop that will be wide enough to hold it. That way it'd be more in between the headlights

Unread 07-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
youngjeepr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

There are a lot of different ways to do it. Some will look better than others so just do what you think would look best.

The higher your light the more throw you will get. So if it's a spot or a spot/flood I would mount it on top of the winch or on a hoop. If it's a flood mounting it in the bumper could look really good.

Utah Jeep Crew

Build Thread
youngjeepr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngjeepr View Post
There are a lot of different ways to do it. Some will look better than others so just do what you think would look best.

The higher your light the more throw you will get. So if it's a spot or a spot/flood I would mount it on top of the winch or on a hoop. If it's a flood mounting it in the bumper could look really good.
Could always do a grille hoop and mount on bottom side of that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.