Build Request - Backwards folding rear seat brackets. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Build Request - Backwards folding rear seat brackets.

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
THeGAME
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Build Request - Backwards folding rear seat brackets.

I dont know how many Jeeps have the flip and tumble rear seat, but there are a lot of them.

However, as far as I know, none of them fold down backwards to lay flat, pad side up. A lot of people just pull out their back seats. If they could lay flat, you would get back that extra foot the tumble takes away, losing 6in of height instead. Plus its padded. You could curl up and sleep on it too.

I was thinking this would be a great addition, but dont have any skills to make it happen. I would definitely buy a set and others I have mentioned this to would as well.

Anyone want to tackle this one?
Sorry if this is inappropriate for this forum..

Unread 03-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The problem with a reclining back seat is I don't think there is enough room for the seatback to recline before hitting the tailgate. It might be doable on an LJ but not on a TJ. Other than that, I think it is a great idea.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
THeGAME
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Andy.
Ill have to check that out..
Still be good in some situations, such as camping...
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Fuddmaster
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you fold it back and slide it forward that way it would lay down. I like the idea tho!
Fuddmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.