BUILD: OR Fab Sport Cage Add-On - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > BUILD: OR Fab Sport Cage Add-On

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #31
mvigo
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Jeremy,

you now have my brain working with ideas, and, here, all this time, I thought I was more or less finished with mods to my CJ...nice work...

1985 CJ-7, fuel injected 258, 2.5" Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Lift, 1" Body lift, Crabtree Shackle Hangers, T-5, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 Teralow kit, Dana 30, AMC 20 w/1 piece axle, 3.73 's with Detroit Truetrac front and rear, riding on 32x11.5x15" Cooper Discoverer STT mud terrains
mvigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #32
Sproocket
1986 CJ7 

I know you mentioned that you sold your hardtop but does anyone know if this kit will fit under a factory hardtop and hard doors? Up here in the NW I cant live without my hardtop. Thanks
Sproocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #33
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproocket
I know you mentioned that you sold your hardtop but does anyone know if this kit will fit under a factory hardtop and hard doors? Up here in the NW I cant live without my hardtop. Thanks
Yes, it fits...no problems. Im going to stary making these with my cnc plasma table real soon. Pm if you are interested. Thanks.
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #34
kschitoskey
1983 CJ7 

I know this is an old thread but I have a question. Did you use the YJ roll bar part (bolt on) that connected the YJ side bars to the sport bar? I'm about to do the OR Fab kit and I'm considering using these just to line up the bars before I weld them.
kschitoskey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschitoskey View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have a question. Did you use the YJ roll bar part (bolt on) that connected the YJ side bars to the sport bar? I'm about to do the OR Fab kit and I'm considering using these just to line up the bars before I weld them.
I used the YJ family roll bar....Direct bolt-on to the CJ tub (you have to enlarge 2 holes and that was it.

The ORF sport cage forward bars worked perfect. If you are interested in saving some substantial money on this kit, I manufacture a very similar ORF dash tie-in kit to ORF....but at 90% cheaper! lol.

The ORF kit is nice, but very expensive for what you get. You can get the DOM and bend it up for under $100...assuming you have access to a bender.

Check the link to HandenFab in my signature.
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

Unread 09-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Jatepper, what powder coater did you use in Tucson? I am up in Oro Valley and am looking for one...

Also, did the Or Fab front cage 'top side arms' line up with the bolt on nubbie on the YJ family bar main hoop? Could one just drill a hole in the Or Fab tube and bolt it onto the nubbie?
Thanks!
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Drespecki,

I used to use Perfection Industrial Finishing. Now I sent most of my stuff to Anderson Painting. Either one you choose, they both do good work. Anderson just has a quicker turnaround, but they are also a little more expensive. They are on Country Club just north of Valencia.

Yes, the bolt holes on the main hoop are pretty much exactly where the forward bars mount to. I just left the holes there and was going to get a little plug or something, but never got around to it. You can just remove the bolt and the "nubbie" (think that is the technical word for it... nice job) will come off.

You are more then welcome to come by and take a look at the cage any time you want. Just shoot me a PM with your contact info if you want to arrange something.

Jeremy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.