brackets, tubing or metal insert fill gap b/t bumper and metal so lamps dont shake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > brackets, tubing or metal insert fill gap b/t bumper and metal so lamps dont shake

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
osd

brackets, tubing or metal insert fill gap b/t bumper and metal so lamps dont shake

i have a decent sized gap and offset between my bumper and metal (2007 wk)
if you were me would you build and weld together some metal and make brackets, just place a little 1" thick piece of metal under the bumper below each lamp and drill to through it so the lamps thread into it or use tubing to fill the offset/gap so that way my aux lamps have stability

osd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Pictures go a long ways to help explain here

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
osd

tonight i mocked up my aux lamps and drilled holes in my bumper and mounted my lights where i want them to go. the only thing is the fiberglass bumper has about 2-3" gap to until i hit metal and it is extended about 1/2" past the metal so the aux lamps are not stable at all, they flop back and forth.

to fill that gap i was gonna weld 2" pieces of 90 together and make a mini bracket or place a piece of 1" thick steel under each lamp and anchor it to that.
Unread 06-13-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

You reaaaaally need to post a couple pics... or links to pics. For those of us who don't know the intimate details of a 07 WK, your dimensions mean nothing.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
osd

yeah i hear yah :\

what i did today was take a piece of thick metal and drill through my bumper into the that kind of like a free floating support. it worked great. but for my ocd self i gotta build brackets. ill def show pics of that. just when im out there and im trying to beat the rain, and i stupidly drop bolts and nuts and washers in spots i cant remember and my cordless tools are dying and im cursing up a storm i kinda forget to take pics hahaha

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.