Archive for fab projects! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Archive for fab projects!

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 07-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My rockers. Click here for a fullsize version of the drawing.

The write-up on the install is here.

The gallery with all the images I have of them is here.

The thread in the fab section for them is here.

Here's a couple pics for this thread.

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #17
frumpy

Pretty (ok really) simple tire carrier/bumper on a budget. Total costs including paint, rachet strap, hardware, and steel is under $100.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #18
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my front stubby bumper.

I cut the plate out, and drilled holes in all the corners of the cut-outs. I then connected the "dots" with a zip disc on a grinder, then made it look nice with a die-grinder. Big pain in the ***, but it's worth it for the pretty holes.

I had it all tacked together for a test fit.

Ok, fits good! Took it off to weld it, and put it on the jeep again to use a bumper until I work on it again.

Made the clevis tabs out of 1" thick QT100 plate, drilled 1" holes in them and welded them on, and welded up the whole bumper. I then spent a bunch of time cleaning up all the welds and spatter.

All done now but the paint and the 4 holes for the winch mount. The top plate that the winch mounts to is 1/4", the fairlead mount and formed bottom is all 3/16". There are also 1/4" doubler plates inside, opposite to where the clevis mounts are welded on for extra assurance.

The winch plate is not removable obviously, which means you have to remove the bumper to get the winch off. This is by design so it doesn't get stolen.

--------------

Full thread is here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=550111

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #19
LalanP111
2004 TJ Wrangler 

does any one have specs for a set of tube doors on a TJ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
It takes care of me and in return, I take care of it. Takes me away from everything I don't want to be around, and back again when needed...
LalanP111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull View Post

I cut the plate out, and drilled holes in all the corners of the cut-outs. I then connected the "dots" with a zip disc on a grinder, then made it look nice with a die-grinder. Big pain in the ***, but it's worth it for the pretty holes.

Ok, fits good! Took it off to weld it, and put it on the jeep again to use a bumper until I work on it again.

Made the clevis tabs out of 1" thick QT100 plate, drilled 1" holes in them and welded them on, and welded up the whole bumper. I then spent a bunch of time cleaning up all the welds and spatter.

All done now but the paint and the 4 holes for the winch mount. The top plate that the winch mounts to is 1/4", the fairlead mount and formed bottom is all 3/16". There are also 1/4" doubler plates inside, opposite to where the clevis mounts are welded on for extra assurance.

The winch plate is not removable obviously, which means you have to remove the bumper to get the winch off. This is by design so it doesn't get stolen.

--------------

Full thread is here:

That stubby looks VERY VERY SWEET.....You took your time and it turned out super sweet,
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #21
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Air Tank Rear Bumper

Little rough around the edges, but still tough!

My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Last edited by GREASEMONKEY; 01-20-2009 at 10:58 PM..
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #22
EK91YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That is a sweet bumper!!! Do you have the specs for the winch plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull View Post

--------------

Full thread is here:

Square Headlights Member #147
Red Jeep Club #482
12 inch jl 3w3 sub in the back amped with Rockford Fosgate R500-1! Rockford Fosgate R300-4 amp powers 2 infinity 5022i in the centra pod and 2 pioneer 6x9s!

Last edited by EK91YJ; 01-22-2009 at 11:17 PM..
EK91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
phillsam
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is my bumper that i might,

In a few weeks i will have a degree in drafting and engineering graphics so i used solidworks to mock up the tire carrier and bumper and create shop drawings.

I hope to finish the tire carrier in the near future

rendered image of assembly

shop drawings

bumper finished and painted

(dont worry, the 3inch BL is coming off asap)
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #24
phillsam
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Im also in the process of a hood light bar/hi-lift mount...heres the light bar portion (should finish hi-lift tabs on tues

Unread 05-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
phillsam
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got it done (minus paint)

Unread 06-29-2009, 03:29 AM   #26
StoutTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillsam View Post
Got it done (minus paint)

nice work.
StoutTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
rtbtitans50
2003 TJ Wrangler 

anyone have specs for a 1980 cj5 half doors
rtbtitans50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #28
Ace88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Trying to FAB up a center console with no previous console available

I recently bought an 88 YJ and it came with a locking center console but I have no idea how to mount it inside. Any ideas let me know. Thanks all

Ace88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
jeepsta
1983 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbtitans50 View Post
anyone have specs for a 1980 cj5 half doors
I drew some up in google sketch up using either 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch IMC. I will see if I can find it when I get home.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.
jeepsta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #30
redjeeprunner1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I dont know if this is right for this thread but has anybody put a drop down tailgate on a tj i know they have kits now but i was wondering if there was a cheaper way.>>?
redjeeprunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.