Any certified welders on here? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Any certified welders on here?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 09-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #31
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Finally broke out into the welding world. My first actual job is going to be tig welding on aircraft grade aluminum. Not sure exactly what the cert they will have me take is called, but im happy to be done with making pizzas for a paycheck. The parts i'll be welding will go into jets and commercial planes but wont serve any structural uses, they'll just house electronics. I was told some parts might one day find their way to space which i think is awesome

WJC #292
Lincolnwelding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 11:47 AM   #32
scrnnmssuck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ironworker709 where did you get that fancy book for you certs and log book? I have seen a few old timers on the job with nice leather books but they got from the international but that was way before I was even born. Id like to get something similar because my fancy zip lock bag isn't cutting it... Local 75 Arizona BTW

Here's my fancy holder haha [IMG][/IMG]
scrnnmssuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #33
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

The book and holder and cards for each cert all came in the mail from the international when i first passed a few tests,i keep it in my lunch box.

Your Book stamp should now be the new one,where you or anyone can scan the back of it with any cell phone and bring up everything you are qualified/certified in,rigging,welding processes..even tells if your dues are paid so the job stewards can ride your behind to pay them up..lol
weldcerts2.jpg

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #34
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

I am certified to NAVSEA Tech. Pub. 248, GMAW Pulse arc ( all positions), and spray transfer ( flat and horz.), as well as GTAW pipe..all positions, carbon steel and all alloys except titanium.

Also, cerfified to NAVSEA 250-1500 (nuclear) GTAW pipe.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #35
violatedppl

6g 2"XXL 6010root lohi out, 6g down hand 5p all the way
, 3g open root plate 6010/7018,3g mig, and 3F stainless due to an all inspectorates and stainless unistrut racks I welded for the electricians on my current job. Compay spent a pretty penny getting a prosecute write and testing company out for something so simple.
Unread 01-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #36
hmantractors
2004 KJ Liberty 

wELDING

GMAW all position. stainless, carpenter20, hastelloy c276, monel 60, titanium, tigable silversolder, and of course carbon steel. Pipe and plate. SMAW 7018 all position. Mig 316L up to 1/2" all position. Been welding for 42 years. Pressure vessels and mc 331 pressurized DOT Freon cargo tankers. I to advise use the best PPE you can use. In my case my eyes have been my major problem. Take care of them. Use the best ventilation possible, if you don't have it, GET IT.
hmantractors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #37
Fabricator
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmantractors View Post
GMAW all position. stainless, carpenter20, hastelloy c276, monel 60, titanium, tigable silversolder, and of course carbon steel. Pipe and plate. SMAW 7018 all position. Mig 316L up to 1/2" all position. Been welding for 42 years. Pressure vessels and mc 331 pressurized DOT Freon cargo tankers. I to advise use the best PPE you can use. In my case my eyes have been my major problem. Take care of them. Use the best ventilation possible, if you don't have it, GET IT.
I started welding and fitting in 1981, I hung up my hood in 2010,no longer do it for a living. I have certified in stick ,mig ,hard wire ,flux core and alum ,also tig, in all positions unlimited thickness ,on carbon steel,alum,and stainless alloys.On a challenge ,I took a 6g mig down hill and past a bend test.They didn't think it could be done.I now do millwright work in a power house and don't have to weld. As stated above protect yourself.My body has paid the price,from breathing the fumes and argon gas.
Fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #38
dirtdudeaz
1983 CJ7 

I am certified in JB

But seriously, I am an Engineer for an aerospace company, but every now and then I try to get to the floor and watch/practice with the guys on the floor. Most of our welds at the location I worked at were automated, but there are a few that require hand welding. The certified guys are the only ones who can change settings even on the auto equipment. I have a mig welder at home that I mess with, but would like to get a Tig for home use too.
dirtdudeaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #39
HKB3
2006 TJ Wrangler 

More certs then I can remember, I have a binder full of them. Most recent is ASME section ix (aluminum pressure pipe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixcj View Post
I am certified to NAVSEA Tech. Pub. 248, GMAW Pulse arc ( all positions), and spray transfer ( flat and horz.), as well as GTAW pipe..all positions, carbon steel and all alloys except titanium.

Also, cerfified to NAVSEA 250-1500 (nuclear) GTAW pipe.

Rich
You work for Bath Iron by any chance?
Unread 01-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #40
rixcj
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKB3 View Post
More certs then I can remember, I have a binder full of them. Most recent is ASME section ix (aluminum pressure pipe).

You work for Bath Iron by any chance?
No, Electric Boat, Quonset Point, RI.

Rich

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
rixcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.