Another front bumper build. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Another front bumper build.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Another front bumper build.

Well yes I had a bit of steel left over so here's what I came up with. I got the idea from another Jeep but changed it up a little from his. This one will be up for sale unless I like it that much I decide to sell my old one instead. Not sure if i will put the shackle mounts on since I will have the tow hooks in place. I might weld in some d-rings but not sure if that would make it too busy. I still have to weld in the end caps. What do ya'll think?

A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
PBR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I like it but its pretty much the same as any other bumper but just with holes in it. Now if you put little lights in the holes with grommet mounts some how so they sit flush in the bumper I think would be pretty cool?
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah your right. And your the second who said something about lights inside. I guess I will look into it because I almost forgot about trying that also.
A "Veteran" -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including his life."
That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
mcneil
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lights? bah. Forward firing machine guns.
mcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneil View Post
Lights? bah. Forward firing machine guns.
I was told rocket launchers from the holes would be a nice asset.
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
percent20
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse View Post
I was told rocket launchers from the holes would be a nice asset.
heck yes. You can move trees or add a little more difficulty to those easy trails.
percent20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Why did you put the holes in there in the first place? Just for kicks or to be different?
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A little different look. Tried something different.
Unread 06-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Brads_nky_yj

I think it looks real good except for those round head lights lol jk jk
Unread 06-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
DogHouse
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Aaahhhh. You YJ guys. LOL! We're all one big happy family. We have a YJ guy in our gruop and he's always making us look bad! Although he always gets the best look on the trail because he's our tailgunner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads_nky_yj View Post
I think it looks real good except for those round head lights lol jk jk
Unread 06-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
Brads_nky_yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHouse View Post
Aaahhhh. You YJ guys. LOL! We're all one big happy family. We have a YJ guy in our gruop and he's always making us look bad! Although he always gets the best look on the trail because he's our tailgunner!
I know, I love all jeeps, just cant help poke fun sometimes lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.