Ammo box as center console... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Ammo box as center console...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Tweaks at JeepHutJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Ammo box as center console...

Who has this setup?

planning it out in my head, im trying to figure out how to secure it to the tub. I think i could drill through the box and the tub and secure it with a nut/bolt.

Also, how do you make room for the emergency brake? does it need to be cut to accomodate the brake lever?

Any pictures of links to other threads showing the process would be appreciated.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

I ended up drilling through the tub and bolting it down that way. For the e-brake you do need to cut out a portion of the bottom and front. At the time I only had a dremel. It took a while, but it worked! This is the only picture I can find right now. If I find more, I'll let you know.

'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsahara1979 View Post
I ended up drilling through the tub and bolting it down that way. For the e-brake you do need to cut out a portion of the bottom and front. At the time I only had a dremel. It took a while, but it worked! This is the only picture I can find right now. If I find more, I'll let you know.

Thats a perfect example... How does it sit different from the factory console? is it lower? How comfortable is it to rest your arm on while driving? Does it lock and stay securely closed?

Thanks again!

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
ZSXJ430

I can not imagine that it is very comfortable...cold steel is not friendly on an elbow.

But, it does look cool.
Unread 04-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
hpycmpr
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i have it also. in the shop right now so cant take any pictures. its very comfortable and it is weatherproof. doesnt lock unless you put in something on the handle. i will take a bunch of pictures for you when i get my jeep back next week.
hpycmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
Thats a perfect example... How does it sit different from the factory console? is it lower? How comfortable is it to rest your arm on while driving? Does it lock and stay securely closed?

Thanks again!
It sits about 1/2" higher than the stock console did. It's actually surprisingly comfortable to rest my arm on. It's not really cold or hot. To lock it, I drilled two holes in the front and back inside the latch. Then I painted and bolted on two ubolts so I could secure it with pad locks. I did have to shave a portion of the rear lip on the top so it would open all the way. You'll know exactly what I'm talkin about once you open it on one side.

Good luck!
'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
ZSXJ430

Did anyone ever take more pictures?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.