All-Star (Century) mig welder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > All-Star (Century) mig welder

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

All-Star (Century) mig welder

A guy I work with is looking to sell his All-Star mig welder...was wondering if anyone has used one or has an opinion? It looks like it's a renamed Century 117-002 welder, made in USA. He also has a spool gun he'll throw in and he wants $300 with a cart and cover as well.

I already have a Hobart AC/DC stick welder so I'm covered for heavier steel, I'm just looking for something to weld lighter gauge steel a little cleaner and maybe aluminum. I'd need to get a tank for argon and some wire but other than that everything comes with it. He said it works well but he wants something that takes up less space and he has access to a large TIG machine anyway so he hasn't used it in a few years.

Good deal?

Unread 06-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
jhurt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

After a bit more research I learned that this was also marketed as a Snap-On welder and a Craftsman welder some years ago. I found a photobucket picture of what it is...does this help anyone ID it or remember using one?? Still drawing a blank here...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...age/welder.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.