Advice on 2 projects - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Advice on 2 projects

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM   #1
dcuballa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Advice on 2 projects

Ok ive got a idea and I got the metal for it thanks to the great state of NC in the form of a stop sign. Im wanting to make a engine splash guard/skid plate out of a stop sign I got.....and suggestions. Second is has anyone ever made control arms or a control arm dropped box?? I just like building all my stuff and knowing what goes into it. This is for a 96 xj 4 door

dcuballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
MudMonster

a stolen stop sign will go on record as the weakest skid ever... and a splash guard??? so your engine doesnt get dirty???

[COLOR=red][B][SIZE=3]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #78[/SIZE] [/B] [/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP[/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #3[/B]
[B][COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Neck [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=White]Member#27[/COLOR][/B]Fire Engine Red '85 CJ-7, Howell FI-258, T-176, D300, 9", Warn Internal Hubs, Wagoneer front springs, RE Wrangler's in the rear, 33" TrXus', HEI conversion, Taurus fan, no emissions junk, and some 150w daylighters
MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2004, 03:58 PM   #3
dcuballa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

wow....ur a amazing guy. Instead of giving helpful advice u "roll your eyes" I just have to say thanks to you. You make this site the thing that most people done want it to be. And the splash guard isnt so my engine doesnt get "dirty" it to see a lot of crap out of the engine bay that you dont want in there. Right now I dont even have the "splash paper" that comes factory on most all cherokees so my engine bay in WIDE OPEN for anything to pop up in there. But really once again thanks for all your assistance!
Unread 03-31-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
MudMonster

the point is that you're gonna need something heavier than a stop sign, the first time you drag that over a rock its gonna rip it up pretty good.

[COLOR=red][B][SIZE=3]RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #78[/SIZE] [/B] [/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=red]BIG GUNS[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]AND[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]JEEP[/COLOR] OWNERS OF AMERICA CLUB MEMBER #3[/B]
[B][COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Neck [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Jeep[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Club[/COLOR][COLOR=White]Member#27[/COLOR][/B]Fire Engine Red '85 CJ-7, Howell FI-258, T-176, D300, 9", Warn Internal Hubs, Wagoneer front springs, RE Wrangler's in the rear, 33" TrXus', HEI conversion, Taurus fan, no emissions junk, and some 150w daylighters
MudMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2004, 05:51 AM   #5
dcuballa
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I understand what your saying....but I dont do much rock running. Most all my stuff for now is in the mudd and all-terrain stuff. I just need something in place for now to stop "limbs" or "small trees" from going up into the engine bay.
Unread 04-01-2004, 07:09 AM   #6
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

Stop signs are made of thin material and won't take much abuse.

Mud / Water has a lot of force behind it whe hit at any speed.

It might work for a Splash Guard if you use a some 3/4 or 1" 'L' shaped steel on the edges and in the middle if there is any flexing, maybe even 1" square tubing would work better.

The "control arms or a control arm dropped box" I am not sure if you mean a skid for teh lower control arms or not but if you do there are such a thing on the market. Look it up and made a close copy.

Later,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #7
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

dcuballa, are you close to WesternNC??? I have an XJ skid I'll let go for 20 bucks!
Unread 04-02-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

PM me if you want it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.