'88 YJ frame - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > '88 YJ frame

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 03-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
95_YJ-pos
1995 YJ Wrangler 

'88 YJ frame

In need of some advice the frame is rusted at the skid plate/ trans mount. I would like to know how other people would go about fixing the frame. there is a lot of the frame still intact, doesn't look to be more then just the bottom of the rails on both sides.

95_YJ-pos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
rap169

i just repaired mine. Cut a 2" strip out of it about 18" long welded in a new piec on both sides 3/16 thick with nuts welded on the inside to bolt the pan to. ill take a pic of it tomorrow when i go in the garage. it turned out pretty nice. Mine wasnt rusted through, but was thin in one area so i just did the whole thing both sides.
rap169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
95_YJ-pos
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thank you i just got this jeep and keep finding the things i didn't take the time to look at ill get some pics of it up
95_YJ-pos is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.