Okay.. Webdog's press brake rekindled my motivation to push forward with this press brake build
I've had the 5" hydro cylinder for quite a while.. sitting on the floor bugging me. A few minutes ago, I just ordered a pair of 1.25" heims for the upper connecting link (I thought about using a cheesy tractor link but I think the higher quality heims will remain tight longer). I also ordered 1.5" dia tool steel (for the pivot pins), some thick wall DOM (for the pivot points), and some flanged bronze bushings.
I'll start dedicating some time each evening to doing the CAD drawings for all the plate I need to cut. I plan to cut most of the smaller plate pieces from scrap laying around the shop.
Sometime in the next week or so, I'll order a sheet of 1/2" and 2 sheets of 1/4" to laminate together for a 1" total thickness. The overall opening will probably end up at about 52" wide. That will allow me to do rock sliders (except for LJs) and press out 3/16" thick rear crossmembers.. among other things.
I can use my current dies to mock up everything for fit. Once I confirm the system will work properly, I'll drop the coin on the hydraulic power unit and the full length dies.
Once the pins/bushings come in, I'll start shooting some pics as I machine them to fit.