Originally Posted by wantajeep631
That's an awesome set up. Can you give me a give a list of all the parts? Like what those small brackets are. I'm assuming they are for the cables? And what hardware(nuts and bolts etc.) you used. Like stainless and grades and all. Thanks I want to try this this weekend maybe. I've been wanting to do this for a while cause I have a cj tire carrier I want to fab up for a swing out.
Here are all the answers to your questions in order.
Thanks. No. I don't know. Yes. A bunch. Several.
Just kidding, here you go.
- Stanley Black Heavy Duty Gate Hinges x2 @ $5.98 ea
- 3.5" Black Safety Hasp x4 @ $3.76 ea (those small brackets you asked about)
- 1/4-20 Nutsert x18 @ $.?? ea
- 1/4-20x3/4 Stainless Flat Head Machine Screw x18 @ $.57 ea
- #10-24 Nutsert x16 @ $.?? ea
- #10-24x3/4 Stainless Flat Head Machine Screw x16 @ $.43 ea
- 5/32 Cable Thimble x4 @ $1.40 ea
- 3/16 Chain Quick Link x4 @ $1.79 ea
- 1/8 Wire Rope Clip x4 @ $.50 ea
- 1/8 Vinyl Coated Wire Rope x4ft @ $.79/ft
I don't yet know if 4 feet of cable is enough but I thought it was when I was at the store. We'll see. The black brackets are going to mount on the inside of the tailgate and the inside of the tub to put the quick links through. I thought about using "S" hooks to make it like some of the older pick-up trucks but thought they might not stay on very well while in the closed position.
I might get started on this tonight. We'll see.