Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2011 Jeep Liberty Rebuild

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  AtTheHelm 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am a new member to this forum. I am also new to jeeps. I bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition that went through a stone wall with the point of impact being the front drivers side. As you can see from the pictures the wheel looks pretty bad.

When I got it to my house I took that wheel off and put the full sized spare on and the jeep actually drove! When I took a sharp turn out of my driveway I felt the tire rub and when I looked at it the wheel was pushed more towards the rear-end of the car then the passenger side wheel (which has no damage).

I took the wheels off both sides and started comparing but I do not see much wrong with it which I think is a good thing unless that means its a bent frame. I posted some pictures of inside the wheel well and also of the front end cross member. It looks like the sway bar is too close to the lower control arm? Any input would be helpful!

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
not sure what you want? i mean the pics help little. i can say it wont be cheep and there will be much to replace. IFS when hit can get rather expensive rather fast/ If you can do the work its just parts. Did the airbags go off? These systems have many related parts to fix as well. One reason cars get totaled out is the cost of getting the systems right do to liability issues on top of body repair.

you have good mechanical skills? tools a place to strip it down?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, the airbags did not go off. I found a salvaged 2008 jeep liberty black for most if not all of the body parts and when I looked at it again it looks like everything is in working condition except the front crossmember might be pushed in at the bottom causing it to be slanted. The reason for my post was if someone saw something in the pictures that I didn't notice it would save me some time.

I have taken apart trucks mainly (IFS) so it is very similar and I do have places to go and air tools

#6 ·
Yes I got it for $4000 and I realized after I said that it didn't have a separate frame and body. I've got a body guy coming over today and will post the results for anyone's curiosity. It's also going on a lift Monday morning to better assess the damage but if the cradle is the only issue wig suspension I would be satisfied. It only had 35k on it and runs great so I'm optimistic I will be able to get this looking and driving like it was before the crash

#7 ·
I wish you luck! 4k doesn't sound bad, hopefully you're not in the red after repairs. Are you keeping it or fixing and selling? This might be a good chance to upgrade the suspension and do custom bumpers. I drive a 2010 KK and its been a great vehicle the 3 years I've had it.

#12 ·
NEED HELP!!

I've got the jeep almost all fixed up. Just getting the last few cosmetic parts and new spare. One part that I cannot find at all is the OEM drivers side Rocker Panel (the plastic piece that runs below the doors from front to back).

Can anyone help with this??

Thanks,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.