110v welder able to burn spring perches? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > 110v welder able to burn spring perches?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 09-25-2010, 12:30 AM   #46
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
And you argue with certified welders who have done it for a living for years...
If you think Ubolts will hold anything in place under load (braking, swerving etc) you are sadly mistaken.
Do what you feel comfortable doing, just hope you don't kill any one I know.
Then what does if it's a straight axle with leafs or even air bags, My Pete 385 axles ft. & back are held in with U bolts and it's pretty standard for all trucks & trailers to be held in with just U bolts.

wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistertierney View Post
The bloody axle is held on with the u bolts anyway. It's not like the axle is gonna come flying out from under the jeep, tumbling down the highway, crashing into the innocent family minivan if your welds break?

Put the sucker in there. Tack it all up. Pull it out, wire wheel all the dirt, rust scale and oil off. Next rotate the axle into a position where you can hit the perches with a nice slow hot uphand. Crank the heat and give it your favorite weave style on the way up and call it a day.

Look, i'm just a punk kid with a shiitload of welding expirience (industrial and at home) I would have no doubts that your lincon 140 can burn those perches on solid.
Git'rDun!!

Try tellin that to any DMV for inspection that you used a 110v machine on any suspension or frame mods and watch them yank that registration out of you're hands..and while you're at it,ask the auto manufacturers why they didn't save a boatload of money on the electricity bill at the plant and just use 110v machines.

Try going to any reputable Welding or Fabrication forum or website and tell them they are ALL WRONG about using more than a 110v machine on suspension of frame mods 1/4" or thicker by CHOICE..come back and let us know how all that went...I'm done with this one,all the facts have been SHOWN and explained over and over....

A "''''''load of expereince at 20 years old?...when did you start welding with the "big dogs"?..at 10 years old??

I'm not even gonna there about the U-bolts TRYING to hold the whole axle in after a spring perch busted loose and flexing all over the place under load stress..if that's the case>>>I'm wondering why they were even welded it at all?

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.