Wiring Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Wiring Questions

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Long&Low

Wiring Questions

Ok, I'm installing a 2.5 ltr MPFI into a CJ5.

I am running into wiring issues with respect to the Jeep providing spark and fuel pump operation. I'm betting its due to not having the wiring straight for the Auto **** Down and fuel pump relay.

Anybody got any info on bypassing the ASD and fuel pump relays?

Engine and harness are out of a '92 Wrangler, the wiring harness for the CJ5 body is an EZWire kit. The engine does crank over, but there is no spark and the fuel pump does not prime/pump.

And yes, the Wrangler did work before I removed it from the other vehicle.

I tried calling Hesco to see if they could put together a 2.5 ltr harness like they do for the 4.0ltr, but that was a no-go.

I'm tempted to send the harness to someplace like Hotwire for them to rebuild. But this really can't be that difficult.

I really don't need the power distribution box from the Wrangler, so is there a way to bypass that, and then provide power to the PCM/ECU?

thanks

Long&Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

Y not just make a external relay for asd circuit ?
Xd_shooter676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Long&Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xd_shooter676 View Post
Y not just make a external relay for asd circuit ?
I'd like to do away with the ASD if possible.
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Long&Low

Got the fuel pump to work. After that I called it a night, will check later to see if it fires, or if I'm still not getting a spark.
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
4roadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long&Low View Post
Got the fuel pump to work. After that I called it a night, will check later to see if it fires, or if I'm still not getting a spark.
Curious to know how you got it to run and if you used a makeshift relay box.
4roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
Long&Low

Actually, the issue with the fuel pump was a break I the ground wire connection. Something simple.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Long&Low

OK, so no spark, there are little wires that go to/from the distributor and the coil, where are they supposed to lead to?????

HELP

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.