Wiring Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Wiring Questions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Long&Low
1968 CJ5 

Wiring Questions

Ok, I'm installing a 2.5 ltr MPFI into a CJ5.

I am running into wiring issues with respect to the Jeep providing spark and fuel pump operation. I'm betting its due to not having the wiring straight for the Auto **** Down and fuel pump relay.

Anybody got any info on bypassing the ASD and fuel pump relays?

Engine and harness are out of a '92 Wrangler, the wiring harness for the CJ5 body is an EZWire kit. The engine does crank over, but there is no spark and the fuel pump does not prime/pump.

And yes, the Wrangler did work before I removed it from the other vehicle.

I tried calling Hesco to see if they could put together a 2.5 ltr harness like they do for the 4.0ltr, but that was a no-go.

I'm tempted to send the harness to someplace like Hotwire for them to rebuild. But this really can't be that difficult.

I really don't need the power distribution box from the Wrangler, so is there a way to bypass that, and then provide power to the PCM/ECU?

thanks

Long&Low is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

Y not just make a external relay for asd circuit ?
Xd_shooter676 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Long&Low
1968 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xd_shooter676 View Post
Y not just make a external relay for asd circuit ?
I'd like to do away with the ASD if possible.
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
Long&Low
1968 CJ5 

Got the fuel pump to work. After that I called it a night, will check later to see if it fires, or if I'm still not getting a spark.
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
4roadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long&Low View Post
Got the fuel pump to work. After that I called it a night, will check later to see if it fires, or if I'm still not getting a spark.
Curious to know how you got it to run and if you used a makeshift relay box.
4roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
Long&Low
1968 CJ5 

Actually, the issue with the fuel pump was a break I the ground wire connection. Something simple.
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Long&Low
1968 CJ5 

OK, so no spark, there are little wires that go to/from the distributor and the coil, where are they supposed to lead to?????

HELP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.