willys suspension upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > willys suspension upgrade

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
greasemykey

willys suspension upgrade

i bought a 49 willys frame with a 42 body on it. has a TBI 350 v8 and a ford t-18 4 speed and the dana 18 twin stick transfer case. not sure what the dana 30 axles came from but they are going to be replaced. im trying to find a lift kit for this jeep. the crossover steering rod is less than an inch from the leaf springs. i have searched and not found alot of support for a leaf spring lift kit. since im not a welder a coil over set up is not really an option. sorry if this is in the wrong section i didnt know where to put this. really new to the jeep world as this is my first jeep and they guy i bought it from didnt know anything about it. you could never guess what i paid for her either

thanks for any help and direction you jeep gods can give me.

greasemykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

plenty of leaf spring lift kits for it on ebay, some include shocks.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
Ratchet
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod351 View Post
plenty of leaf spring lift kits for it on ebay, some include shocks.
^ This. Browse around some of the build threads and the CJ forum for ideas too. You'll have no problem finding something online. I know Superlift makes a kit for the older CJ's. I would be willing to bet there are a few others out there too.
In fact... I think Superlift is what MikeG576 used on his CJ2A - Thread
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How much lift do you want? What size tires you going to run? The Holbrook long leafs seem like an interesting option, alot of flex and probably a very comfortable ride. I was considering them for my 2a for a while, but didn't want quite so much lift. You'd have to weld in new brackets for this kit though.

www.holbrookspecialties.com

If you just want a bolt on setup, SuperLift makes a few spring sizes (1", and 2.5" I believe).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.