Waggy D44 build almost done but have a question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Waggy D44 build almost done but have a question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Waggy D44 build almost done but have a question

Ok so I'm almost done with my wagoneer dana 44 swap in my Tj. It has TnT truss, crossover steering with high steer arm on pass knuckle, OX locker, 4.88's, chromo shafts, UFC long arm...

So my question my not be advanced tech but I'm having a hard time with mounting a steering stabilizer. There is enough room on the tie rod to use a clamp mount but mounting the stabilizer on the axle is the tough part. I'm sure I can fab up a mount but is it worth it? I am using GM 1 ton TRES threaded into 1 1/4 DOM tubing. I know my steering is a huge improvement over stock and my drag link vs track bar are set up correctly. So with everything set up properly do you guys think I should run a steering stabilizer? Oh and I drive this Jeep to work 10 miles each way three days a week so it does see road driving at freeway speeds. Thanks for any input and ill try to get some pictures posted.

johnvirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pics please. I think that you should test drive it at any and all speeds. If you have a shimmy at all, then you should install one. Show us some pics, then we can help you figure out a spot to fit one for you.
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #3
johnvirgil
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
Pics please. I think that you should test drive it at any and all speeds. If you have a shimmy at all, then you should install one. Show us some pics, then we can help you figure out a spot to fit one for you.
Ok just took the Jeep on a approx 400 mile trip over the Cascade Mountains. I did some wheeling and alot of street driving and everything was great. I do not see any need for a stabilizer at all...no bump steer and everything worked awesome.

When I did the swap I also rebuilt my suspension with Johhny Joints and UCF long arm frame mounts. Holy crap is it better i couldnt be happier. The suspension is sooo much better. My only issue now is that my tires are not balanced very well but I should be able to get that fixed in the next couple days. My steering is a night and day difference vs the stock set up. I have a constant smile now when im driving ha.
johnvirgil is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.