Twin stick for 97 TJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Twin stick for 97 TJ?

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
sleddog62

Tj Twin stick for 97 TJ?

I have an twin stick transfercase out of a early sixties CJ I am not sure of model can I adapt this to mj TJ I am working on a V8 conversion. Thanks sleddog62

sleddog62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

What case?
What Trans was it behind?
cj cases from that era aren't exactly desirable.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
sleddog62

It had a t90 behind it. I was wanting the advantage of low range without being in 4wheel
sleddog62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

That's going to be a Dana 18, offset rear output, passenger drop. Effectively worthless to you.

There are plenty of cases that will work that you can twin stick and will hold up to a v8. The d300 is a very common one.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
RockScar
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
That's going to be a Dana 18, offset rear output, passenger drop. Effectively worthless to you.

There are plenty of cases that will work that you can twin stick and will hold up to a v8. The d300 is a very common one.
X2 Get a Dana 300. Very strong, easily twin sticked and can be flipped to accomodate drivers side drop. See northwestfab.com & Novak.
Unread 04-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Wannagojeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Down east offroad sells a complete d300 swap kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.