team rush upgrade w/ weber and MSD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > team rush upgrade w/ weber and MSD

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
vinnvegas

team rush upgrade w/ weber and MSD

Ok, Ive been lurking on here for a while, studying. This is my 1st post over here so hopefully it goes well. I have an 85 CJ8 with the 258. PO had installed a weber 32/36 and left 1/2 the computer controls still running the distributor and other things. I decided after following a bunch of ignition posts on here to run the team rush distributor upgrade and an msd to control it, removing the computer completely. Well Ive done the upgrade and have everything rough wired in. She fired right up and of course wouldn't stop (forgot the diode step). With that all tightened up I'm now down to a single issue. My idle seems extremely high. Ive brought the timing back down to around 9 above TDC. But the idle is high like I have my foot planted on the gas even with the vac advance disconnected. The PO had the weber carb hooked up to direct manifold vac. I have not switched it to ported vac on the other side for ported yet, but at this point I don't think that it matters because the idle is high with the vac advance disconnected. I tried messing with the idle speed screw on the weber without stellar results and returned it to its original position. Any help is greatly appreciated

vinnvegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.