Swap '01XJ NP231 & AW4 into '98ZJ TSi - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Swap '01XJ NP231 & AW4 into '98ZJ TSi

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
ESP_Viper

Zj Swap '01XJ NP231 & AW4 into '98ZJ TSi

I have an '01 XJ sport that I killed the engine in. I just got a '98 ZJ TSi. The viscous clutch in the NP249 seems to be at the end of its life.

I am wondering if I can swap the AW4 and NP231 from my XJ into my ZJ. I read a write-up on the topic, but I am not 100% if it's just a direct swap.

The transmission in the ZJ acts a little funny when cold, and the AW4 from the XJ runs flawlessly. Had the NP231 rebuilt a few years back, and it seems to operate fine. So I'd like to keep the XJ as a parts donor for when the inevitable time comes for the ZJ to require work.

Thanks in advance!

ESP_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.