Stretching wheelbase, longer better? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Stretching wheelbase, longer better?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

105.5" in my YJ stretched to LJ body with 35's. 3" lift coils and 1" body. I am happy with it, tough transition from the swb in tight trails though.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
My Rusty Wrangler Project
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My absolute favorite truck I've ever wheeled in was an 87 Suburban 3/4 ton on 38.5" TSL SX tires. It had a wheel base of 129" but it went ANYWHERE I pointed it. I had 11" of lift on it though, and I didn't mind laying the body against something and using wheelspin to pivot it around trail obstacles... That truck went more places in 2wd than most folks can go in 4wd.

I think if the lift height and tire size is right, and you don't mind body damage, then a longer wheelbase is very capable.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.