Stretching wheelbase, longer better? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Stretching wheelbase, longer better?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

105.5" in my YJ stretched to LJ body with 35's. 3" lift coils and 1" body. I am happy with it, tough transition from the swb in tight trails though.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

No Stretch TJ Build For The Wife
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My absolute favorite truck I've ever wheeled in was an 87 Suburban 3/4 ton on 38.5" TSL SX tires. It had a wheel base of 129" but it went ANYWHERE I pointed it. I had 11" of lift on it though, and I didn't mind laying the body against something and using wheelspin to pivot it around trail obstacles... That truck went more places in 2wd than most folks can go in 4wd.

I think if the lift height and tire size is right, and you don't mind body damage, then a longer wheelbase is very capable.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.