Steering opinions and info (yj 12in stretch waggy d44) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Steering opinions and info (yj 12in stretch waggy d44)

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-29-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Steering opinions and info (yj 12in stretch waggy d44 SOA)

im currently in the process of stretching my yj 12in's and also swapping waggy d44's. im running bastard packed xj springs and going SOA. ive been thinking of the astro box and maybe passenger flat top knuckle with cross over steering. but also thinking about full hydro steering. looking for info or suggestions on what you guys think i should do. im not wanting to spend Alot of money of this. any help with my steering would be great.

94chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Morris4x4Center
Vendor

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Have you looked into a SuperBox or Rock Ram System from AGR?
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/agr-performance/index.htm

Morris4x4Center.com

Toll Free: 877.553.5337 | Free Shipping on Orders Over $99!|
PM me for any questions or Price-Matching!
Morris4x4Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
94chb
1989 YJ Wrangler 

how would any of that help me with my steering if my front axle is in front of my steering box. all i seen was for stock replacement.
94chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

i front stretched the front 4.5". your biggest hurdle wont be the steering itself. what happens is the axle will no longer be located under the raised hump in the frame. this will create problems with high steer arms and moutning TREs. i didnt want to simply notch the frame so i cut an inch out of the height and grafted the bottom back on. i then had to make brackets that bolt under the high steer arms and tie into the factory TRE mounting on the knuckle. this let me lower the moutning points. I then used a PSC prepped Jk box as far forward as possible. i didnt like the astro box because the box itself hangs too low and would interfere with the draglink and tierod as well. of course had to make my own pitman arm, one thats bent up and over the links and just swings under the frame rail. if you plan to lift it high then you will have less problems.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.