Spring arch + other leaf Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Spring arch + other leaf Q's

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Spring arch + other leaf Q's

I need to get some new rear leafs for the XJ. The springs I've been running have been a mash up other the stock main, a local guy made an AAL and the rest are S10 I believe. From what I've always read, have a flat leaf spring will give you the best ride with a less than 45 degree shackle angle. Is this correct? Thats what I've been running for a year or so.

My leafs had a very little arch for a very long time (rode quite nice) and never sagged from their install height, then one day I noticed driveline vibes, they went S on me. Does more spring arch prevent this? Do flat springs wear out quicker?

Would it be time to consider an anti wrap bar?

I have to order new leafs, but I have shackle locators and extended shackles. I want 5" lift total. I'm eyeballing the OME 2" leafs. I imagine the OME springs are designed for stock shackle location, how would this affect the overall lift? I imagine because I can run a steeper angle it would be significantly less than 2".

Also would like to know whos running OME on the rocks and harder stuff/towing and how they have stood up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

A traction bar will help the spring wrap alot for anything utilizing a SOA setup.

DO NOT DO WORK WITH DRAKEN OFFROAD IN NY!!!
(also known as dragons garage in Oneonta NY)
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.