Question on setting up a 9" third member.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Question on setting up a 9" third member..

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Question on setting up a 9" third member..

Im looking at getting a Strange 9" third from a guy, its new just several years old, but its got a spool in it along with 4.56's. If I were to remove the spool and ring gear, replacing it with a detroit and the same ring gear, would there be any need to mess with the pinion (ie re-shim it) or would it be fine to leave alone? I assume since the same ring gear thats currently set-up properly in it is going back in that I would be ok to just re-set the backlash.

Am I correct in saying so? Never messed with a 9 before.

-Jon

cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.