Question about injector size/fuel pressure in a stroker swap (WJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Question about injector size/fuel pressure in a stroker swap (WJ)

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
nighthawk355x
2001 WJ 

Wj Question about injector size/fuel pressure in a stroker swap (WJ)

Picked up a cheap 01 Grand Cherokee in need of a motor and I plan on using the motor in the link below, it's a mildly built stroker, 258ci, was wondering what else I need fuel wise to run this setup, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to figure out if I need bigger injectors, adjustable FPR, and/or stand alone. I'm not looking to go nuts but just want more grunt than stock and reliability. What's my best bet with fuel and tuning? If I do get injectors and FPR would an average programmer be ok?

Here's the motor, picked it because it's basically EXACTLY what I'm looking for, not bad in price, and with a decent warranty.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Blueprint+Engi...FQf0nAodjm0AuA

nighthawk355x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
nighthawk355x
2001 WJ 

Anyone?? Ordering everything soon, want to make sure it's right.
nighthawk355x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

It's only as strong as the stock zj v8's. Throw some 24lb fms injectors at it and call it good.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
montelibre
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I had a 4.6 stroker XJ with 24 lb/hr and it ran fine (I think about the same horsepower than yours).
montelibre is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.