probably another coilover thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > probably another coilover thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
8pitcher
bad*** jeeper

1988 YJ Wrangler 

probably another coilover thread

Ive been tossing the idea around with my dad since February when i took him out wheeling out on the rocks for his first time. but we have been thinkin about building a coilover jeep, ever since we saw a coilover tj there (made my all stock JK at the time wimpy)
we have a frame from a 1983 cj7 that i parted out sitting in the yard the back axle arches are rusted to ****. but that is no big deal because we were going to cut it off anyway and stretch it and tube it back. the rest of the frame is in great shape due to a leaky tranny and engine besides the body mounts which we would cut off and rebuild later when it comes time. i got a killer deal on a 14 bolt rear and dana 44 front for $300 together. i would sell the 44 front and buy a 60 front that a buddy has for $300. i would truss them and lock em and such and then link them. thinkin 4 link rear and 3 or 4 up front. my dad and i would fab and weld everything. my question is does the coilover placement as in perpindicular to the world the better way to go or should it be angled forward toward the engine, or back toward the rear? this goes for the rear axle because having the front axle coilover perp to the world seems logical. and if im forgetting anything let me know i just came on these axle deals monday but im jumpin on them before they are gone.

Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
DualPurposeXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

You want your shocks to be 90 degrees (vertical) at full bump

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.