Poly Cage Notched Incorrectly? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Poly Cage Notched Incorrectly?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Poly Cage Notched Incorrectly?

I had ordered my Poly Cage a few weeks ago, finally no more rain so I started on the install about two days ago taking my time. Everything stripped out of the TJ and started to mock up the rear cage add on, there are huge gaps in the tube that adds onto the stock cage. I'm not sure if it wasn't notched correctly or if I don't have it in quite right, there is about a half inch gap.

Dunno if this is the correct area to post this.

p.s. The tube is tacked into place

ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

looks like you could move the rear spreader bar up a bit. did you see if it fit better up-side-down from its present orientation? having to massage the notches a bit would be a standard thing and woulndt constitute a faulty product in this case. every cage is going to weld out a bit different due to the heat involved. dont tack it on if there is a big gap. ratchet straps will help line things up as well.
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I found the issue, I'll post more on it later on
ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.