Poison Spyder CJ7 cage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Poison Spyder CJ7 cage

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
53J
1986 CJ7 

Poison Spyder CJ7 cage

Anyone that has this weld in cage I have a few questions.

If you are in a light rollover does this bend the tub since it bolts to the tub itself? I have installed the same cage in a TJ but we haven't rolled that one over yet... haha

Just curious. I plan on welding this in sometime this winter....

Thanks

53J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

There is always a possibility of the tub folding when you are in a roll over situation. Most "roll cages" you buy are sold as a "sport cage" so that the manufacturer can be absolved of any liability in the event of serious injury/death. If you are concerned you can buy a frame tie in kit with your cage to help solidify the whole vehicle. I know GenRight and a couple other manufacturers make universal kits like this one http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=GRC5500 They are pretty inexpensive and would be a great addition to any cage kit.
The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
53J
1986 CJ7 

Thats what i was looking for!

thanks!
Unread 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

no problem man, make sure to post up some pics of your CJ when you get yuor cage done
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
53J
1986 CJ7 

For sure!

I want to put a cage in her first thing before I get to crazy.... Safety first!
Unread 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
53J
1986 CJ7 

Anyone have pictures of how they mounted rear five point harness racing seats in place of the stock bench with a cage?

I’m wanting to replace both front seats with a safer seat as well as the back bench so all the people in the jeep can have good belts

I’m open to idea’s and suggestions!

Thanks
Unread 12-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

You could always do some tube clamps with a bar from side to side so that you could remove it later if you take the seat out.

http://mad4wd.com/index.php?main_pag...cd1046f8d5fc5d
Unread 01-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
rekkitralf

Just an fyi, the poison spyder CJ7 cage wasnt meant for adults in the back. It does have limited headroom in the rear. I only ever felt comfortable with the kids in the back in 5 point harnesses. Would have never felt right with anyone over 5'.
rekkitralf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.