Orbital Valve ID - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Orbital Valve ID

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
bocephus1700
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Orbital Valve ID

Help!! I have acquired two orbital valves to complete my hydraulics steering project. I cant seen to ID theses orbital valves to see if they will work for me. I'm putting full hydro on my jeep for off road use only. The 1st valve is a "Pilmet" 4 port valve with RB100 and 20 03-96 on the valve. I know its from Poland and that's about it. The 2nd is a char Lynn 4 port with no markings. Thanks for the help in advance.[/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG][/IMG]

bocephus1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus1700 View Post
Help!! I have acquired two orbital valves to complete my hydraulics steering project. I cant seen to ID theses orbital valves to see if they will work for me. I'm putting full hydro on my jeep for off road use only. The 1st valve is a "Pilmet" 4 port valve with RB100 and 20 03-96 on the valve. I know its from Poland and that's about it. The 2nd is a char Lynn 4 port with no markings. Thanks for the help in advance.

What motivated you to get these in the first place?
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
jason m

All I can add is your second valve ( the Char Lynn ) looks to be around 3.5 cubic inch disaplacement judging on the size of the snout.

Mine are 4.5 inch witch gives me a 4 turns lock to lock ( ruffly ). If you increese the size of the snout it it increeses the amount of fluid the valve can pass.

Here's the specs on "mine" http://www.midweststeering.com/index...id=1&parent=62

Mine where pulled from frok trucks and they are open center and NON load reactive.
Valves are tricky, you really should find out what its specs are before installing one, but the nice thing about them is if you do install one thats not working or the wrong type the mounting is normally all the same along with the plumbing, just sucks to break open a sealled system.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
bocephus1700
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for getting the photos up for me. not sure what I did wrong. I got the valves for free from a friend who ownes farm equipment. I want to go full hydro on my jeep because im running 2 1/2 ton rocks with 53" tractor tires and the stock steering isnt gonna last very long.
bocephus1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
Scooter402
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus1700 View Post
I want to go full hydro on my jeep because im running 2 1/2 ton rocks with 53" tractor tires and the stock steering isnt gonna last very long.
This...I have GOT to see....

Pics, or I don't believe you!

I'll stop hijacking now...
Scooter402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
bigsky4by
1984 CJ7 

am wanting to put rocks under my 71 wagoneer love to see pics and what you do for steering.
bigsky4by is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.