Orange Peel - Buggy Build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Orange Peel - Buggy Build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #61
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

While waiting for the rest of the parts, thought it would be a good time to start getting the interior area situated. Right now I am debating switching to right hand drive just for a cool factor.

I decided to knock out the bar I tacked in for the harnesses and push the seat back a little bit. Right now my head is sitting directly under the B pillar. Gives a little bit more leg room and should give me some extra options while mounting pedals and the steering column.

Oh and I remembered the mess of wires to deal with... Anyone know where I can find a factory wiring diagrams so I can eliminate some of this mess?

Tonight I am going to bend up some more tube. Hopefully get most of the interior tacked in tomorrow.

Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #62
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

One more update before I hit the sack...

Got a rear halo guy bent up for above the seat
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #63
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did a little more tube work today...

Door bars

Also got everything ordered to make my cable shifters
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #64
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Little bit more work today. Coil overs came in this evening so got them mounted up. Also got my 1350 yoke from Chase at East Coast Gear Supply! Great guy to work with! Still waiting on the air shocks, crawl box, and steering kit. Hopefully all of that will come in with enough time to get it all done by May 1st.

Pictures:
Bent a grill hoop. Mounted the Rad

Full Bump:

Mocking up the coil overs:

THE FRONT IS OFF JACK STANDS!

May try to get the front down about two inches.
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #65
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Today's purchase:
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #66
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got most of wiring taken care of.
Sorting through the stock crap:

Cleaned up:

Got the driver seat mounted:

Started on the rear floor/fuel cell mount:

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #67
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post
Got the driver seat mounted:
So, going with the right-hand drive? That would take me awhile to get use to with the shifters and all but I think it will definitely get a lot of comments
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #68
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
So, going with the right-hand drive? That would take me awhile to get use to with the shifters and all but I think it will definitely get a lot of comments
Darn I knew I messed something up, maybe I should put the beer down while working on the buggy

I always wanted a RHD rig so I can drive reverse through a drive-thru (and yes, that is really the only reason). I figure it should help on getting peoples attention for marketing my shop as well as supporting all my sponsors! (Hey always looking for more sponsors!)
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #69
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Off the jack stands 100%!

Air shocks came in today. Got them mounted up on the rear, pulled the coils from the coil overs and played around with the steering some to figure out the right height I wanted. Right now she is sitting at full bump, going to roll her around the lift to get the rest finished up.

Rear setup

Playing around with full bump on the front. This is with the TR on the high steer arms:

Switching to factory TR holes

Decided to use the factory TR holes on the knuckles and build the steering off of them. Changed up my coil over mounts to drop them down 2" from where they were before. So here she sits at full bump:

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-25-2010, 12:49 AM   #70
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

front end with trac-bar

steering

crawl box

cable shifter setup

moved the buggy to the lift

the list
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #71
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's really coming together now Mike Interesting way you mounted the trackbar. I guess you needed to keep it out away from the pumpkin, tie rod, and hydro setup.
Whats your plan for bump stops?

You still trying to make the May 1st deadline?
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #72
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
It's really coming together now Mike Interesting way you mounted the trackbar. I guess you needed to keep it out away from the pumpkin, tie rod, and hydro setup.
Whats your plan for bump stops?

You still trying to make the May 1st deadline?
Yeah the front end was extremely hard to do to keep everything as low as possible. The rad sticks down a little bit and just clears the dif, the trac bar had to move infront of the axle, and the steering ram get tucked in the middle. Little but tought to fit everything in that small space.

As for bump stops, I will be temp using the stockers modifed to fit but will switch to air bumps shortly.

And yes trying to make the May 1st comp, it is going to be very close. I predict if I make it the buggy will be unpainted and still have alot of little stuff left to do.
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #73
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool`sounds good man.

Just finished welding the chassis up. axles are done. suspension arms and mounts are done. going to throw some paint on everything tonight. the list is slowly getting smaller.
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #74
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is the only picture today,

Got all the welding done on the axles and chassis. Getting it!
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #75
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Found a few pictures for the last week or so...

Chassis in primer:

Links in primer:

Chassis and links with paint:

New trans mount:

Added some bracing to the axle halo. It's two pieces of 1/4 plate, will be bolted together so the diff cover can still be removed:

Starting on the skid plate. Here is the sides that will connect the link mounts, then the skid will end up connecting across and being bolted up with 4 bolts on each side.

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.