One Ton Lift Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > One Ton Lift Options

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 06-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yj One Ton Lift Options

OK... I currently have a '91 YJ with a SOA lift, sitting on the stock axles and 33's. In the near future, I intend to swap over to 1 ton axles, and larger tires. Still not sure if the rear will be a D60 or a 14 bolt, just depends on availability, and tires will be somewhere between 35 and 38, again depending on availability, and price. (That extra couple of inches sure drives the price up !)

My question is this... regarding use both on road and trail, am I better off putting the new axles back on top of the springs, and lifting as required with a standard lift kit; or keeping the SOA, and maybe using a lift kit to get an extra couple inches if I need it?

Thanks for the opinions...

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Skip the rear 60. I twisted a chromo rear 60 FF shaft in one trail. Go to the 14 bolt. Stay spring over and lift from there if needed. It's easier to slide over the tubes than the u-bolts.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin72 View Post
It's easier to slide over the tubes than the u-bolts.
Thanks man, that makes good logical sense, and I hadn't considered it.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
kw89425
1986 CJ7 

I run 3.5 lift and soa with 38.5 tires

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/my...oject-1019388/
kw89425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.