Need suggestions on tj ton build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Need suggestions on tj ton build

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 06-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #31
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Also, since it seems to be ignored.

Both are 14 bolt chevy axles. On the left, would be found in a vehicle matched to a 44, On the left would be seen matched to a 60. Again, just because it's a 14 bolt doesn't mean is a full-float, 1-ton 14 bolt.

Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #32
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jason M, I was wondering where I recognized your rig from. 1. The back-half thread on Pirate and 2. Do you wheel around North Adams at all? I could have sworn I've seen it before.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #33
jason m
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
Jason M, I was wondering where I recognized your rig from. 1. The back-half thread on Pirate and 2. Do you wheel around North Adams at all? I could have sworn I've seen it before.
I think our paths have crossed, I haven't been to north Adams for a while but I wheel that southern MA/CT line in north CT ( Fallsvillage area ) maybe there or Mabell in Mass.

I think the OP will have a true FF 14 bolt as he says its paired off with a 44 front with a 203 case. That combo in its self was popular in the 70's era's trucks and I don't think the semi float made it on the sence till the early 80's.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m

If the Op sticks with the 203 like he said he was for now and runs the front on a set of locking hubs he will have to run them locked all the time unless he installs a part time kit in the 203.

A 203 has coupling inside like the newer np242's ( I think that's the model case???) which in normal driving puts power down the driveshaft with least resistance. So if he installs locking hubs, leaves them unlocked he wont move.
This is why factory they come with slugs and why I said dump the 203 and go to a 205 which now acts like a normal case has the option to twin stick.

Jason.
Well that's kind of dumb IMO. I have to agree with the whole ditching the 203 however I don't think were talking with the OP anymore.

I need to actually pay attention to the other junk people plan on using from now on I think.
rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #35
jason m
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase559 View Post
Well that's kind of dumb IMO. I have to agree with the whole ditching the 203 however I don't think were talking with the OP anymore.

I need to actually pay attention to the other junk people plan on using from now on I think.
Stick around and like you said pick up what others that have been there and done that will tell ya.
I don't post and claim to say the 44 is the worst alxe, just it has its limits, like the 203 is real beefy case, but its huge and needs locked hub/flanged axle to drive it or a part time kit.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.