Moving lower control arm mounts only - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Moving lower control arm mounts only

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
swillett
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Moving lower control arm mounts only

Hi guys,
Here's the back story:
My tj frame is rusted beyond the point of no return so I snagged a clean frame and tub from a donor that some guy was parting out for the motor. Once I got the works home I noticed that the front lower control arm mounts have been pushed back towards the front of the skid plate.

Here's my question:
What will happen if I make some stretched lower control arms and maintain the current pinion angle while also maintaining the upper control arm length and and mounting location.

I have done a bunch of googling and reading suspension articles but I haven't come across anybody just long arming the bottom arms. Worse case scenario I will just cut the mounts off of my old frame (which are still solid) and put them back in the stock location.

The less screwing around the better. My biggest constraint with this project is that it has to be out of the driveway by the 28th :s.

swillett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
swillett
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody?
Unread 09-18-2014, 05:08 AM   #3
jason m

Quote:
Originally Posted by swillett View Post
Anybody?
The problem with this type of question and probably why no one is answering is because a well thought out suspension is not they way your talking about, can it I guess, should it probably not.
So without numbers from you or a copy and paste what it will look like its hard for even the experts to chime in.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
swillett
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know it's pretty shoddy, before I hacked up my old frame
I cut off the mounts, at the end of the day I'm probably just going to re mount the stock mounts for now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.