Moving/copying ADVANCED type threads into this section - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Moving/copying ADVANCED type threads into this section

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Moving/copying ADVANCED type threads into this section

I you have threads of your own, or know of threads which would be well suited here in this section, feel free to let me know.

You can post a link here in this thread, or PM me. As a heads up, I don't mind doing this at all, but if the thread is cluttered with comments like; "subscribed" "sweet" "cool dude" lots of chit chat clutter and non tech comments, you would be doing yourself & me a favor too by doing some editing of your own so that the process of cutting out things is minimized on my end.

If its several pages long, this makes it very taxing and time consuming. If the thread has broken links of your own (EG: pics), fix 'em.

If a thread changes from one topic to another then another etc, the thread may not be as easy to edit and it would be nice if it were to be divided into a few specific areas or if you let me know which posts apply to one area or another, we could possibly work with that.

I understand some build threads may fit what I'm saying in the paragraph above, and maybe portions of those threads could be added here.

Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Feel free to move this one over:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/o...-build-937141/

May have good info for people browsing this section.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Joe,
what is the thought on posting threads from another site ? Have a few over on PBB but not sure it would be "proper" to bring them here. Thoughts or comments please.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #4
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post

That looks like a good one !
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
Joe,
what is the thought on posting threads from another site ? Have a few over on PBB but not sure it would be "proper" to bring them here. Thoughts or comments please.
If you are the OP, we could probably work with that. It could get tricky. One thing I'd wish to avoid is to move comments here from members of another board.

I could envision somebody saying/complaining something like; "hey, why did you copy my comments from XXX board & move them here? And so on if you know what I mean.
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Understood Joe,

I`ll PM you the link and let you look it over.
Unread 12-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post

I just cruised the whole thread. Nice work and it fits the bill of what I'm trying to accomplish. I may edit out some of the chit chat. Reason being - I'm trying to reduce some of the chit chat in the Advanced Jeep Tech threads & not take away any of the excellent tech posts.

EDIT: That was time consuming. I edited out ~100 chit chat posts. Most of them I perma deleted. I copied the thread here so that the original is still intact.
Unread 12-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool deal, I'll be updating it after the holiday with some new parts and some redesigns.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #9
jason m
Web Wheeler

Yes I'm still working on this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...-steer-921122/

Not sure if you want it here or not. I went threw it and all the Pics work for me and not really any chit chat.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason m View Post
Yes I'm still working on this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/p...-steer-921122/

Not sure if you want it here or not. I went threw it and all the Pics work for me and not really any chit chat.

Jason.
Done. Thanks for suggesting this one.
Unread 12-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #11
jason m
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Done. Thanks for suggesting this one.
Thanks,

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 02:51 AM   #12
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I vote the Rock Yacht gets moved here.

and the D60 build you are doing qualifies....
Workin' on it.

Yea, my front axle swap has some info that could be viewed as advanced by some. Lots of chit chat though.
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I posted a thread about BB ballancing beadlocks here in the advance section and it got moved to the general discussion tire and rim section... what gives? Beadlocks and balancing them aren't advanced enough to be here? Nobody in general discussion/tires and rims had any clue about what I was asking about...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I posted a thread about BB ballancing beadlocks here in the advance section and it got moved to the general discussion tire and rim section... what gives? Beadlocks and balancing them aren't advanced enough to be here? Nobody in general discussion/tires and rims had any clue about what I was asking about...
It seems odd that folks in that forum had no clue. I've seen several threads over the years discussing them in some detail (not necessarily in the tire forum).

I don't know who moved the thread - I've been in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for the last several days and have not visited the forum til last night. Several mods visit this forum and contribute to it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.