mopar 360 swap ideas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > mopar 360 swap ideas

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
goobersjeep
1984 CJ7 

Cj mopar 360 swap ideas

i've got an '86 dodge out back with less than 90k on it. it has 360, 727 tran, dana xfer. my jeep is an '84 cj that was already modified when i bought it so i don't know what it had stock. currently running a 400 chvy sml blck, 350 tran, stock dana xfer. engine probs is reason for desire to change. well, that & i'm a mopar guy at heart.
does anyone know if amc 360 eng mounts that i can buy from any jeep store will work on the mopar? would also like to know if i will run into problems fitting the 727 in. i want to use the xfer out of the dodge also. mainly cuz the xfer in it now is leaking & would rather not pull it apart if i don't have to.

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Those year motors were absolute dogs. No power at all.
You'd be better off rebuilding the 400sbc.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The Dodge 360 has different mount points and bellhousing pattern than the AMC 360 so the AMC mounts wont work.

Everything I have read is that in a CJ the front driveshaft will hit the trans pan on the 727 where the bumpout is on the front of the pan. You may be able to lift it enough for the driveshaft to clear. Dont know what the TC is in the dodge. The 88 I parted had a pass side drop NP241.

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
goobersjeep
1984 CJ7 

thanks for the info on the mounts. i found some at a site called novac.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.