Just another 97 TJ, 5.3, 4l60E swap from 02 Tahoe - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Just another 97 TJ, 5.3, 4l60E swap from 02 Tahoe

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #46
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2guy View Post
What did you do? I plan to just run my stock pump for now, sicne heard it will work ok, just to get it running until i decide how I want to finalize the setup. I don't want an external pump.
If you change things out, I'd like to see what you end up doing with the sending unit; I'm eventually swapping to an external pump and filter, but I'm maintaining the factory sender.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #47
Robert0069

by passed the old regulator and ran the vett filter/ regulator
Robert0069 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #48
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Sub'd, you dont see many v8 tj's. Looking forward to your progress.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #49
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am fixing to go through this myself, thanks for posting. I may be asking many questions.
Unread 03-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #50
Robert0069

Bronco did you get your rad ?? love to see a pic and if you can hone in on the trans cooler area
Robert0069 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #51
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I did get radiator I took it out of box and put it back in box since I'm not ready yet..

My initial thought was rad seems very nice, but the L channel used for mounting to Jeep seems kinda thin??? I guess just have to see how it holds up.

Pace has been slow going, side tracked with surprise vacation trip for my Birthday.

I also sold a 79 Dana 60 I had, but over weekend bought a complete 86F350 single wheel truck, for the front.. I think i want to narrow pass side so I get 64in witdh.

I possibly have a guy coming to buy my 8.8 from jeep, wish I wouldnt have thrown away myd35, gunna be hard to move around.
Trying to get ahold of a guy about a 14 bolt thats from C C truck I think they are 63-64 wide..
bronco2guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #52
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Saturday had to releave the itch so I took my explorer out, put the tires off the Jeep on it.

14 bolt from Cab Chassis I bought tonight 63in wide
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #53
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

MMmmmm 14 bolt. Nice pic wheeling, looks like a lot of fun.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #54
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What size tires are you planning to run? The 14bff seems a bit much for anything under 38". Especially if you already have an 8.8. Are you planning a stretch and big rubber too? That just seems like a lot of ground clearance lost and weight added otherwise!
rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #55
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will eventually shave the 14 bolt, it likely is more beef than I need for now. I'm also not to happy with the rear factory style shortarm setup. I want to go 4 link and get rid of the track bar. So would be better to sell the 8.8 setup for TJ than cut all stuff off. Then cost is a factor, I'm going to run a Dana 60 front and cheaper to just stay on 8 lug, I already planned on having to buy wheels cause I was going to run a D44 and need 5 on 5.5. If I would have kept 8.8 either need adapters $100 or C Clip eliminator kit $500. to get Big 5, but then LOL the 60 would cost me a bunch to get down to 5 lug. So I figured would be cheaper in the long run, eventually I will likley put some big meats on it. Just not from the start, but that could change.

Hoping tonight to weld in my engine mounts, I messed with them last nightfor awhile till my 14 bolt showed up, guy delivered it to me!! Can't beat that.
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #56
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco2guy View Post
I will eventually shave the 14 bolt, it likely is more beef than I need for now. I'm also not to happy with the rear factory style shortarm setup. I want to go 4 link and get rid of the track bar. So would be better to sell the 8.8 setup for TJ than cut all stuff off. Then cost is a factor, I'm going to run a Dana 60 front and cheaper to just stay on 8 lug, I already planned on having to buy wheels cause I was going to run a D44 and need 5 on 5.5. If I would have kept 8.8 either need adapters $100 or C Clip eliminator kit $500. to get Big 5, but then LOL the 60 would cost me a bunch to get down to 5 lug. So I figured would be cheaper in the long run, eventually I will likley put some big meats on it. Just not from the start, but that could change.

Hoping tonight to weld in my engine mounts, I messed with them last nightfor awhile till my 14 bolt showed up, guy delivered it to me!! Can't beat that.
What did the 14 cost in your area? I found a late model srw with disc brakes already on it for 250.
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #57
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It was 200. A little on the high side??, but I paid the guy little extra and he delivered to me, which saved me alot of time hunting one down, Plus has new bearings and all cleaned up allready.

I think you can buy a regular SRW one for cheaper, but just depends.
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #58
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Slow going, but finally making little progress.

Picking up a new welder tonight. This has been the major hold back once I moved to working back in my garage.

I also sold my 8.8 I have everything coming to 4 link my rear 14 bolt. I have most of the stuff coming to 3 link my 60 in front. My timeframes have been way pushed back. Trying to go ahead and build it up quite a bit.
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #59
bronco2guy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some parts arrived yesterday!!!

Unread 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #60
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.