Hydrolic steering? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Hydrolic steering?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Hydrolic steering?

Here do I look, and what is needed to go fully hydrolic steering? I have a waggy 44, but would like it to work on a 60 if I ever go down that road.

94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Wondering what I need. Ram, tie rods, pump, steering column. How do these systems work? Is there a kit? Would high steer kit be better for 36s?
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Psc.

High volume pump, cooler, high volume reservoir, orbital valve, double ended ram,

plenty of discussion on hydraulic steering in mc and pirate...being topic of the month and all before.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
jason m
Web Wheeler

I have a steering valve from a fork truck thats open center and 4.5 cubic inch displacement, Two rams from tractor supply witch are 2" boar 1 1/8" chrome rod ( I have rear steer so two rams are needed of course ) and then a log splitter valve to control the rearsteer.

For a pump I run a one ton Chevy P-pump, they deliver the most pressure and flow for a off the shelf pump, I also run the stock can to suround the pump with fluid insteed of a stand alone pump with a seperate Res. This way the fluid is allways inclosed with the pump and it cant starve if you flop on your side.

Cooler, I run a large after market cooler used in dirt racing, I don't know the brand name I bought it used at a swap meet.
Line's, I run all -6 with JIC and Pipe fittings, carry alot of extra fittings and one universal line that should cover end to end.

Ive built Hydro systems when I worked for CAT as a welder, so it was easy for me. A kit might be a better choice for someone without the know how, as everything is all ready doped out.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.