HP dana 44 cut to waggy length. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > HP dana 44 cut to waggy length.

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
jeepin82
1994 YJ Wrangler 

HP dana 44 cut to waggy length.

Ok im just asking for some fabricators that have done this before to chime in here or anyone that can check the accuracy of my research. As the title says im chopping a 78 F250 to 1987 waggy length and building it with some nice goodies. Now to get my lengths right when i cut i need to subtract waggy axle shaft lengths from the for HP axle lengths and whats left is how much i need to remove from the axle tubes on both sides. So according to my calculations passanger side HP shafts are 34.75 minus waggy passenger side of 32.12 with a remaining number of 2.63 and driver side HP is 18.62 minus 15.80 with a remaing number of 2.82. I pretty sure im correct. Please someone comment if my numbers are wrong.

Unread 11-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
jason m

Best way to do this is really a little at time, I make one cut about an inch before what I belive to be my final messurement is. Then I slide the shaft in there and just make sure the tube is still longer than the shaft.

Your numbers look right to me, but play it safe and cut it under. Your close to building a final axle dont rush the cuts as its a somewhat easy repair to add tube but adds to the time and labor of the build.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

I always slide a tape measure into the housing and hook it onto the side gear of the diff. Then I measure to the center of the ball joints. I add 1/2" to that and that's the length of your shaft.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.