GM engine/tranny swap in my 83CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > GM engine/tranny swap in my 83CJ

Flowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country small builder parts in stock!! Awesome price

Unread 12-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
ange0865

GM engine/tranny swap in my 83CJ

I have a 304 with a T-4 behind it now. I am wanting to replace it with my old school 350 carb motor. What tranny/ transfer case do I need for this? I want to keep it a manual shift.. I was told by some of my local techs that I needed the sm465 with a 205 case.. Is this correct? If so the are there any special brackets I need? Special transmission cross member? Is there a special bracket I need for the clutch? Thanks in advance for all your help!

ange0865 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.