Fuel gauge after motor swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Fuel gauge after motor swap

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 03-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
rockrunner02
2005 WK 

Fuel gauge after motor swap

I have a 98 wrangler with a 99 dodge 5.9L swapped into it. For whatever reason I cannot get the fuel gauge to read at all. Sometimes when I turn the car on it will sweep all the way up and then quickly drop to empty and the low fuel chime will go off. First thing I did was clean up all the connectors and the ground, that didn't work. Then I replaced the pump thinking it was the sending unit, that didn't work. Replaced the relay in the fuse box, that didn't work. Continuity from the main harness plug to the gas tank reads good on a multimeter. I am at a loss as to what else I can do. I know I can always get an aftermarket gauge, but I would really rather keep the 'stock' look. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Mods: if this is more suited for the electrical forum please feel free to move it.

rockrunner02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
jeepinjs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That is part of the harness that is modified to run the dodge pcm. My guess would be somewhere in the
harness between the pcm and sending unit. You will need the factory service manual and get the pin outs at the
pcm connectors to verify where each wire is going and to make sure it is correct. Good luck.
jeepinjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.