Front trackbar relocation after OTK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Front trackbar relocation after OTK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
pcoplin
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would make a straight trackbar since you have to cut that one down. I've done it a couple times and it will work better. Then you can buy/fabricate a proper double shear mount at the frame.

IF you don't want to fabricate an axle mount the JKS piece works well.

Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I assume then if I went double shear at the frame that I would want the end in the exact same location, just rotated 90 %%d ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
pcoplin
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

It would allow you to move it forward a touch since you would use a non-bent trackbar. You'll want to do this to clear the diff. Just watch the pitman arm clearance. The RE mount may work, but I haven't used it. I built one similar for my wife's XJ for the RE bar.

Here's my TJ though at full bump. Yours won't need to be so tight, this has 2 inches of stretch.
Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggybottombob View Post
If you have the track bar enter the bracket at an angle (say 3 degrees) that is slack for track bar movement that you don't have otherwise. I can say that changing the track bar 3 degrees was one thing that eliminated my DW.
what slack? unless you are using a bushing, and having it enter the bracket at an angle... but that would be silly...
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
what slack? unless you are using a bushing, and having it enter the bracket at an angle... but that would be silly...
Based on the picture he posted he did use bushings, which actually brings me to my next question bushings heims or jhonny joints? I imagine that the consenses is using to using heims on both ends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.