Frame Narrow on a CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Frame Narrow on a CJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Keith_b00ne

Frame Narrow on a CJ

So I am getting ready to narrow the rear frame on a CJ to clear some new King Coil Shocks. 2 pictures are supplied, one is the stock configuration and the other is the after condition. As you will see, I have a roll cage tied into the current frame. The plan is to cut the frame just before the cross member with the body mounts. I am going to weld 2x3 box tubing across the frame and add tabs for the body mounts. I have a rear bumper that I would like to retain so I was going to butt weld 2" tubing between the new cross member and rear bumper. I would then gusset the existing roll cage back to the tube. Anyone have a better idea?

img-20130419-00174.jpg   img-20130419-00176.jpg  
Keith_b00ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Keith_b00ne

Since I have to buy a stick of 2x3, I might just run 2x3 box from the new cross member to the bumper. It would be easier to weld and gusset.
Keith_b00ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.