Flat Belly Jk. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > Flat Belly Jk.

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Flat Belly Jk.

Been looking into doing a Flat Belly on our 012 Rubi 2D. I have tried to find as much info on this as possible but it seems that very few do this. Fewer after market parts as well.

Looking for other that have done this and or threads.

To date this is what I have come up with for a plan:
1. anti rock for the rear. To make room for the Gen tank
2 Genrite tank for mounting like a Tj. Relocate a real exhaust, dump the trumpet. Reomeve factory tank.
3. Here is where i am still looking into parts: Gen right makes a new Uni trans cross member, note that sure if its for 012"s but i can mode it.
$: Flat belly plate: Gen makes thes out of two types of alloy but dang they want like 2k+ just for the plate? I am thnking I could have local cut a plate for that out of unobtainium it seems for that kind of money?

Once this is done then i could get a real 4 link mounted inboard and tucked.

Thoughts, ideas?

Unread 04-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, GR's plate is overpriced....not to say that 3/8" 6061-T6 isn't expensive but you should be able to get a ~3x4' sheet and do the rest yourself for half the $$.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Was thinking the same, thanks man. Looks like I will just have to dive in and figure it out as I go. Read that a Tj tanks works with 3.8 much cheeper than a 1400$ gen tank. No one seems to know though if that would work with the Pentatick. Thats the trouble with newer jeeps you end up being the test pig.

Good thing is I can do this in stages.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.