AN fitting help!!!! (Custom clutch line) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > AN fitting help!!!! (Custom clutch line)

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

AN fitting help!!!! (Custom clutch line)

I can't make heads or tails of the AN fittings. Seems -3 AN is the correct size for braided brake/clutch line...... I'm trying to build a clutch line to go from my 87 YJ clutch master to my 2001 S10 NV3500 Slave. Some of you may know that the S10 clutch line is part nylon and part braided with a funky fitting on the end that I have to keep to mate to the slave. My master accepts 1/4 brake line, And I have a left over extended braided brake line from another project. I want to run a 1/4 hard line from my slave to the left over braided line and adapt the two together, then I want to cut the nylon end of the S10 clutch line off and couple it to the end of the extended brake line I have. Here's a pic of the brake line. Seems there is no coupler to just fit the two pieces of brake line together. From what it seems is I need to get both a male end and female end and thread the two pieces of line together. I'm not sure which sizes or pieces I would need because there's so many different AN fittings!

Unread 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody?
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Was actually just thinking I would leave out the extended brake line all together and just run a hard line from the master all the way to braided line comeing from the slave... But still need to know which Braided line end that would require
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Jeepin72
Is it the weekend yet?

2005 TJ Wrangler 

And this is why I hate AN fittings. There are plenty of conversion charts on the internet to take you from SAE to the corresponding AN fitting.

A while back I used two female pushlock ends and then a coupler in between them. I got all of mine from Jegs.
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Talked with ANplumbing.com Very helpful tech support. I ended up ordering Part number 600143 for the braided -3 line and part number 989548 to adapt it to my 1/4" hard brake line.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.