engine swap 2.5l to 4.0L in 1995 YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Advanced Jeep Tech > engine swap 2.5l to 4.0L in 1995 YJ

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Carnill
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yj engine swap 2.5l to 4.0L in 1995 YJ

engine swap 2.5l to 4.0L in 1995 YJ
I have looked all over, done so much research and found out so many different things but i have a few questions. I am looking to do this swap because of money. I would love to go to a v8 but it is to costly. I have heard that you can use a ax5 transmission with the 4.0 the only reason i would do this is because my trany was just rebuilt with stronger more heavy duty parts. Is the true will they match up? I am aware the you need to move the motor mounts but thats no big deal and i think i need a new computer. but i have heard that I dont need a full new wiring harness and that i can splice two new wires for the two new cylinders! is this true? the engine that i would be putting in is from another 95 wrangler
please help me

Carnill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
95TurboYJ

I've done the same research and everything I found said there's no way to use the AX5 that you have to swap to the AX15.
95TurboYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.